“Make today your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
Wooden’s quote reminds me to stay focused on the present. Don’t live in the past; don’t be overly concerned or worried about the future. Live in the moment and live a life of excellence. This is great advice, however it’s easier said than done.
If only we could live our lives backwards… (article found on-line)
- You start out dead and get that out of the way
- Then you wake up in an old age home feeling better every day
- Then you get kicked out for being too young and healthy
- Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension
- Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day
- You work 40 years until you’re too young to work
- You get ready for High School: drink alcohol, party, and date
- Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play,
- and you have no responsibilities
- Then you become a baby, and then…
- You spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in luxury, in spa-like conditions – central heating, room service on tap, and then…
- You finish as a twinkle in another person’s eye.